Christopher A. Gately
Phone (661) 917-8412 | Chris@ChrisGately.com | ChrisGately.com | linkedin.com/in/christophergately
Take bad design out of the public image.
GATELYdesign March 2004 – Present
Strategic Designer and Photographer
- Utilized Adobe Creative Suite 2, 3, and 4 to design 15 to 20 ad mockups daily for niche newspaper with 10,000 weekly readers.
- Performed weekly pre-press separation and file preparation using Adobe Acrobat to coincide with off-site press timelines.
- Headed up project management from ideation to finalization including end user testing and feedback for interstate insurance broker over a three month period.
- Created corporate identity packages (logo design, stationary, packaging, flyers, and website) using Pantone guides for color consistency.
- Designed websites using both proprietary and non-proprietary content management systems including Durpal and WordPress.
- Made motion graphics and banner advertisements for the web and television using a combination of both Adobe Flash and Adobe After Effects.
- Defined and managed search engine optimization (SEO), click through campaign, and track advertiser return on investment (ROI).
- Planned and implemented social media marketing strategies using Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and email marketing for various clients.
- Provided custom photography and photographic editing, color correction and publishing.
Keller Williams Realty February 2005– March 2008
Market Center Administrator
- Performed critical administration for 250 sales associates and 2 Market Centers over a period of three years.
- Managed day to day operations of the market center including the creation of budgets and profit and loss statements (PL’s).
- Designed and implemented marketing strategies for retention & recruitment of new and existing sales associates resulting in a growth of 20% over three years.
- Developed three new revenue streams using existing resources (digital signage, amazon.com store and affiliate marketing).
- Designed, built and maintained company/agent websites and intranet and Web 2.0 technologies, including but not limited to mashups, social networking, search engine optimization, viral marketing, twitter, and news aggregators.
- Coordinated special events for market center launch, trade shows, seminars, education, and internal coordination.
- Prepared and directed weekly sales meetings using PowerPoint and digital signage implementation as part of a technology strategy.
Barnes & Noble Booksellers January 2000– June 2004
- Perform customer service operations at the point of sale for a high-volume retailer
- Trained approx. 10 associates for holiday operations
2010 – California Department of Real Estate – Brokers License
2007 – 2009 – A.A., Art Institute of California – Inland Empire – Graphic Design | San Bernardino, CA
2002 – 2004 – B.S., Californis State University – Business Administration / Business Law | Northridge, CA
AWARDS and ACCOLADES
- 2008 / 2009 Dean’s list – Art Institutes of California – Inland Empire
- 2004 Dean’s list – California State University – Northridge
- Published photograph 2007 “The Majesty of Memories” ISBN: 0-79515307-4
- Published Photograph and story 2009 – Newspaper photograph and story
- Member of the Business Law Association
- California State University Northridge Alumni